Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Trust in God :)

I was reading this morning Mark 10:17-31. It struck me that when this adoption started in 2003, I was faced with whether I would give my conveniences for the greater gift of serving Christ through adoption. I had two children then and they were great, but I was a young mom and did not know much. Kent and I decided that God was worth giving up our ease to pursue adoption.

Then came Malachi, what a joyful surprise and he was full of his own additional struggles and joys. In the end as with the first two, our lives were blessed abundantly more than we could have asked for. What a joy to have these three boys!! Then again in March of '07 the call came to Kent to adopt. This time I had been mothering much longer (seven years :) and the risk was much greater, could I do this? Could I be a mom of more than my three boys? It was as if Jesus looked down on me and loved me, and said there is one thing you lack, go and give all you have and give it to the little ones without parents and you will have treasure in heaven, then come and follow Me.

Might I have misunderstood Him? Yes, but I know that He loves the needy and the children and those who are fatherless will have families. Lord let us be a family that loves these little ones.

In this context, the immigration agency passed our fingerprints!! They have mailed the form to NVC but we need it faster :), (ever the Americans eh?) to travel this weekend, yup, Saturday. So again God moved in the heart of our cool immigration agent and she is willing to fax it. However is NVC willing to accept it? Will they take a fax? Will they enter it? Can we travel this weekend?

It is interesting how risky it is to desire something greatly, I think it is the weight of the desire that causes the value to increase in the object that we value. So here I am valuing this travel time to go get Anna, my daughter, partly because it is the only time my mother can accompany Kent, Caleb and I. Partly because God has done so much for it to happen, who am I to say He isn't behind it.

I just talked to NVC, they can't help me until tomorrow. I am calling again. Maybe this time I will receive God's favor.

Amen and amen,

Mari

1 comment:

sweetnika said...

you have my dear the favor of the Lord if it goes the way you hope or not...
His favor, His love, His grace, His mercy, is clearly and abundantly upon YOUR family... Let Him write His story, His way, in His time, and just KNOW that :)
.... oh by the way...
you are so loved!