February 2003 - God calls our heart to adoption through a preacher on Moody's Founders Week
October 2003 - Pregnant with Malachi, we put adoption on hold.
July 9, 2004 - Malachi is born!!
February 2006 - God directs us toward adoption again. After Kent suggests that I listen to a discussion from Family Life regarding adoption. That night I went from being willing to wait a long time, to being so excited about our opportunity to adopt. I spent 2 hours that night looking for countries where we could adopt a black child from. We settled on Ethiopia as the need was great and the politics were not as difficult.
April 2006: First Conference from AWAA and ECFA for our international agency and local social worker.
July 2007: Home Study completed
November 2007: Home Assessment completed after some construction.
December 2007: Home Study sent to the Homeland Security Bureau for approval.
February 11, 2008: Mari celebrates her 33rd birthday
February 20, 2008: Kent celebrates his 37th birthday
March 1, 2008: Josiah celebrates his 6th birthday
March 2008: Homeland Security ok's our documents and the Dossier paperchase begins in earnest.
April 4, 2008: Caleb celebrates his 8th birthday
May 17, 2008: Kent graduates after 11 years taking seminary classes, MDIV
July 9, 2008: Malachi celebrates his 4th birthday
July 2007: After over 150 copies of different documents, we are ready to send our paperwork to AWAA for authentification from the US.
08/08/2008: Our documents are sent to Ethiopia! DTE baby!
I can't imagine what another year will bring!
God bless,
Mari Jaeger
Monday, August 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Congratulations on being DTE!!!
Hey DTE family! Congrats!! Your dossier was sent with ours ... we will be praying for you guys ... can I add your blog link to our blogpage?
I want Mom to post more.
I am with Caleb
Post a Comment